-->

Connect

facebook Twitter Rss pinterest Google Plus Home dwell in our hearts Image Map

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Muffin Mama

Remember the song, Do you know the muffin man, the muffin man, the ... stuck in your head yet? These days, I have been thinking of myself as the muffin mama. I am really loving making batches of muffins for my kids to have in their cold lunch for school. I often make a couple batches on Sunday and put them in the freezer. During the week, at least a couple days a week, they just take a couple muffins out of the freezer, add a veggie and some fruit, maybe a cheese stick and their lunch is packed.

In my muffin marathon baking sessions, I started with the traditional metal muffin tin and they were sticking pretty bad and terribly hard to clean. I left the pan in the sink for a couple days to soak, but that seemed to really annoy my husband. So plan B was to start using paper muffins liners. This helped but I hated how much muffin stuck to the paper liner. Then, I was shopping at Aldi's and saw the silicon muffin pans for 2.99. I bought one and went right home to test it out. The muffins came out perfectly and you do not even need to spray them. Yes, I went back and bought two more so I could make my weekend muffin baking session. Oh, did I mention how great they cleaned. Amazing little things. Here is the recipe from comfybelly.com

No comments:

Post a Comment