-->

Connect

facebook Twitter Rss pinterest Google Plus Home dwell in our hearts Image Map

Thursday, November 8, 2012

let the little children come to me


After reading several books on Spiritual parenting, I have come to feel the need to pray scripture blessings over my children.  In Mark 10:13-16, we see how differently Jesus responds to children than the disciples.
People were bringing little children to Jesus for him to place his hands on them, but the disciples rebuked them. When Jesus saw this, he was indignant. He said to them, “Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these. 1Truly I tell you, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it.” And he took the children in his arms, placed his hands on them and blessed them.
These verses and this images lingers over and over in my mind.  My husband and I have started praying scripture blessings over our children.  The first time we laid hands and our 10 year old son and prayed, his smile looked like he got the best present ever.  A few nights later, both kids wanted to pray blessings over my husband and I.  While many nights we forget this, and I am looking forward to the days when it becomes a nighttime habit.  I long for my children to carry on this nighttime tradition when they become parents and for many generations to come.
I created the scripture design to be hung in the hallway outside my daughters room as a reminder to pray the blessings.  These are available to purchase from my Dwellart Store

No comments:

Post a Comment